Secure Michigan

Refugee Resettlement Monitor of Michigan

Federal Section

Documents from Federal Sources

Pending Bills

Please review two House bills from the Act! for America Web Site. Contact your U.S. Representative and support these bills:

Click Here for Babin Bill 

Click Here for McCaul Bill 

 Tips on calling your elected representatives:

To find your senators' and representative's phone numbers,  call the U.S. Capitol Switchboard at (202)224-3121 and ask for your senators' and/or representative's office. Remember that telephone calls are usually taken by a staff member, not the member of Congress. Ask to speak with the aide who handles the issue about which you wish to comment.
After identifying yourself, tell the aide you would like to leave a brief message, such as: "Please tell Senator/Representative (Name) that I support/oppose (S.___/H.R., H.Res.___)."
You will also want to state reasons for your support or opposition to the bill. Ask for your senators' or representative's position on the bill. You may also request a written response to your telephone call.